Pool Openings and Closings
Pool OpeningsThere is a lot more that goes into getting your pool ready than taking off the cover and putting in some chemicals! As part of our regular opening service we will do the following:
• Remove your cover; we will clean it, fold it, and give it to you to store
• Remove and give you to store all plugs, air pillows, etc. used to winterize
• Add chlorine stock to your pool
- - One pound of chlorine for every 10,000 gallons of water at startup
• Start the pump and filter, pressure checked and noted
• Install and adjust the automatic cleaner as needed
• Blow your pool deck area clear of leaves and other debris
• Set up skimmer, return lines, ladders, and stairs
• We will place your items in your storage on your property at no additional charge
Pool ClosingsAs the pool owners we ask you to balance the pool water and add the winter kit one day prior to winter closing. The winter kit consists of winter shock and algaecide. When we arrive at your location we will:
• Pump out the pool to the appropriate level.
• Backwash the sand filters
• Remove and clean the DE filters
• Hose off the cartridge filters
• Clear the lines of water and install winter plugs, adding your antifreeze as needed
• Place the cover over the pool. Covers using water bags will be filled with the treated pool water.
After this process is complete, you will need to secure the circuit breakers appropriately.